This is the sum total of my first glaze firing. I wanted to do a test run, rather than fill it to the brim. The first bisque firing went fine but didn't get as hot as it should have which is much more forgiving on a bisque firing than a glaze firing. To accommodate for that I'm using a 7 cone in the kiln sitter though my goal is to fire to cone 5 or 6.
|Kiln wash on the shelf|
|Second and third shelves. You can see the witness cones sitting there in front of the peep hole.|
|Loading in the last piece.|
|first glaze run|
|These two tumblers are done in true celadon over porcelain. I like them; the carvings show through well and the color is nice.|
|I used all my new underglazes on this so I could see what colors they fired. It will come in very handy. |
|You can see the cones didn't bend like you would expect. They are 5, 6, and 7 cone packs and the bent cone is a 7 which was in the kiln sitter. I had hoped to fire to cone 5 but from the look of the witness cones, it appears I didn't get there.|