Sunday, October 18, 2009

New Pottery Pieces

Here are some recent pieces. On this first one you can see I was experimenting with new kinds of handles. It's done with a chun glaze - one of my favorites.


This vase has a royal blue glaze and I dipped the top and arms in emerauld. I like the way I rolled the handles into a spiral before attaching them though they don't quite match.


Again - royal blue glaze with the rim dipped in emerauld. I purposely left the ridges inside the bowl to make the glaze break over them and give it a kind of cool effect.


I've been experimenting with various types of handles. I rather liked this one. I had dipped it in a spamboo glaze (our own concoction comprised of bamboo and spring green) but some of it had flaked off and I couldn't remember by the next week what glaze I'd used. So I guessed celadon froth and turned out to be incorrect. But I rather like the combo. Wish I'd done it all the way around.

The handles turned out kind of cool too. I tried a bunch of different handles this past Saturday on some bowls and can't wait to see how they turned out.

No comments: