Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The new bathroom

I'm VERY pleased to report that our new bathroom is 99% completed. Here's our old bathroom. Rather messy, granted, but it really didn't clean up much better than this.


And now our new bathroom:
Painted cabinets, granite vanity top, ceramic tile floors, new shower and lots of new shelving/closet space. It's so much more pleasureable to start my day in here than in the old, ratty bathroom with the cramped shower that had no water pressure. Ahhhhh. I guess it was worth living through 45 days of construction.
Now the question is whether we continue with construction in the rest of the house. I want to paint throughout, pull up all the wall to wall carpet and put down either hardwood or laminate flooring. Replace some of the windows with sliding patio doors - three probably - and remodel the kitchen. I would definitely need a commitment from our carpenter to spend more than a couple hours a day here. He does good work but the bathroom project took just too much time. I think he basically tried to fit us in while doing several other jobs and that's just not gonna work if we move onto the rest of the house.

No comments: