Monday, January 16, 2012

Pottery weekend

I think this is a link to a video - not sure if it will work.






The bottom to a casserole dish.  I made a video of throwing this piece.  I'll try to post it.  

The top to the above casserole dish.  

Batter bowl #1.  I made a batter bowl as my Yankee Swap Christmas gift this year and it got swapped (stolen) two times.  Both Jenika and Linda were quite disappointed to lose it so I thought maybe I'd make one for each of them.   

Batter bowl #2

Lisa's son, Josh, was unable to make it to our Christmas Eve celebration/yankee swap this year but asked his mom to be sure to bring home a piece of pottery for him.  I put out a table full of pottery each year and ask people to take whatever they'd like.  They are often not my best pieces - glazes didn't come out quite how I'd wanted them or the shape didn't turn out quite as I'd expected.  Anyway, Josh has a new apartment and I thought I'd make him a couple of cereal/soup bowls.  

This is the bottom part of a covered h'ors doeuvre plate.  I have a couple others of these and I use them quite a bit.    

Not sure how much I like this.  I think it's too tall.  We'll see how it looks after glazing. 

Serving bowl.  Maybe I'll make a cover for it.  I like my food to stay hot.

No comments: