Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pottery

I went to the studio today to do some pottery. I finished glazing some pots and then threw some new pieces. I was very pleased with three bowls that I threw. The big bowl is a serving bowl to go with my set of salad/pasta bowls I made last week. One of the two smaller ones I’ll turn into a pedestal bowl and the other will maybe be an addition to my salad/pasta set.
.
;


I’m very fussy about coffee cups. I have not yet made a cup that I would use. They’re either too small, too big, too heavy, or just too ugly. Today I made several pieces that I’ll try putting handles on next week. Maybe one of them will pass the grade as the perfect (or almost) coffee cup. They shrink about 12% during the drying and firing process, so it can be pretty tricky to get just the right size. Once I have my prototype, then I can work on a set.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chrystal! So cool to see what you did today! You get better every day. Those bowls are so great. Keep throwing! Malley

Crystal said...

Hey Malley!

Great to hear from you. From your Facebook photos it looks like you're having a great time. See you in a couple weeks!

- Crystal