Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another Rainy Day in June

Woke up to a dark stormy morning which turned into yet another day of steady rain. NitPickers got cancelled out of their outdoor gig at The Village Inn Tavern. Rick treated us to homemade pizza and this sourdough bread which has been smelling delicious baking for the last hour.

You'll see it setting on a tray I just got out of the kiln yesterday. It actually started out to be a wall placque but when it turned up at the edges during the firing process, we decided it would make a lovely tray. I used it to take cookies to Dale and Maria's last night too.

My first actual vacation day will be tomorrow - Monday. The first of five weeks off. It's supposed to rain, like it has for the last several weeks. I think I saw that we had six days of sun so far in June. And it's the 28th already. You can probably tell from my post that I'm not feeling very inspired today. Been reading mediocre books and repeatedly falling asleep while watching episodes of Fringe.

No comments: