Friday, January 7, 2011

Set of four porcelain tumblers, etched with my Dremmel once they were dry.  

This is the majority of what I have so far for my first kiln load.  

Malley came up last weekend to guide me through my first kiln firing.  It turned out I didn't have some things I needed, like the cone sitter prongs but she taught me what I'd need to do and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it.  She'll come back when I have everything if I want.  We'll see.  

I've been procrastinating on getting my order together for Portland Pottery.  Mostly just can't decide on what to get for glazes.  Need to decide today so it will be ready when Malley goes down on Tuesday.  

My list so far:
Kiln wash
Cones:  07, 4,
1 extra shelves – 15.5 inches hexagonal (square side to square side)
Wax resist
Cone sitter support prongs
Underglaze:  Black, brown, yellow, blue
Cone 6 clear glaze
Coyote Cone 6 Glaze Mottled Blue 016
Coyote Cone 6 Glaze Hazelnut Satin 081
Coyote Cone 6 Glaze Celadon Root Beer 105
Clay Bag Clips - Set of 6
Laguna gallons:  royal blue, red chun, cappocino,



No comments: