Sunday, July 10, 2011

June 17, 2011

I left work at 3:00 on Thursday and went directly to camp to kayak for a couple of hours before meeting up with Eddie to go to 223 for a benefit and then we went across the street to Cafe Bangkok for dinner.  We made a short stop at Hattie's and I got back to camp around 10:00.

I was woken early - like 4 a.m. - by several red squirrels chattering at each other over the seeds they discovered I'd put out yesterday.  If I'd been smart I'd have just shut the windows but instead I let them keep waking me up every half hour or so for the next 2 or 3 hours.  I finally gave up trying to sleep around 7 and took my tea and breakfast to the deck and enjoyed the sun.  I decided to forego a morning kayak paddle in order to run some errands so I went to the gym, stopped by Hannafords to get some groceries, and went to Harvey's to get some flowers but they were so unhealthy looking that I decided to wait.  I got back to camp and prepared all the planters and read for a couple of hours before Rick texted to say that he was on his way out.  So I took a quick shower and when he got there we went to The Fat Toad for a drink with Robert and Amy and then to The Mad Dog for dinner.  We made a quick stop in Hallowell and then went back to camp.

Saturday we went into Longfellow's Greenhouse and picked up the flowers and took them back and got them all planted.  Rick had also brought the lawnmower out so he mowed the lawn and things looked pretty nice.  We just hung out and read and Rick fished a bit.



We made barbecue for lunch but got a massive downpour just before dinner so had to improvise and make some baked spaghetti.

No comments: