Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pottery and Lilacs


Here's the fruit of the kiln from Monday's bisque firing.  I used underglazes on some of the pieces.  I've got a lot of glazing to do.  



I cut some lilacs from a tree out front of Chris and Sara's new apartment.  I'd been jonesing for some lilacs and the minute I saw their tree, knew I'd found a way to satisfy my craving.  I love lilacs!  We planted a couple of bushes last summer but only one flowered and I wasn't sure if I should cut the flowers yet as the bushes are still so small.  However, when I got home today I noticed one of the major branches of the bush had broken off - probably during the hail storm we'd had earlier, so I finished the break and cut the flowers and added them to my bouquet I'd gotten last night.  Our lilacs are a much brighter purple than the typical lilacs.  They are so beautiful and they smell so great when you walk into the house!

1 comment:

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

We need to plant some more lilacs out there - maybe where a couple of the current bushes have died?