Tuesday, September 27, 2011

dVerse dSires



I was headed to my pottery wheel when I remembered it was dVerse poetry night
Oh no!  What am I to do? 
Poetry or Pottery?
I guess I could write an ode to my pottery
If I knew what an ode consisted of
A haiku perhaps
But I was already well beyond all syllabic limitation

I gaze at the glaze
The evil red chun creates
Havoc wherever it goes


Clay desires my hands
Oozing mud through my fingers
What shall I become

Pulling it upwards
Sensuous shaping into
A tulip vase p’haps? 

The best I can do in a pinch. 
Off to play with mud. 
Will check out some poetry postings in a bit. 
Love to all.

This poem written
for and contributed to
dVersePoets Open Link Night  Week 11

10 comments:

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

Poetry or pottery? Either choice suits you!

Brian Miller said...

ha so how about a little of both...i find pottery to be very sensual...even outside of the movie ghost...

Scarlet said...

sometimes I am in quandary myself when its OLN..ha..ha..but you did a good job of weaving both ~

Reflections said...

I would say you have shaped this nicely, just as the clay forms, so shall your words.

ayala said...

You did a nice job :)

Sheila said...

haha - combine the too, love it :)

gautami tripathy said...

:D Loved this!


chained the present

Victoria said...

I love working in clay...it is such a sensual experience, as is poetry. Good blend of both.

James Rainsford said...

Evocative imagery brought this piece to life, like the wet clay between your skilful fingers.

Anonymous said...

Poetry or Pottery?
Zealotry or tottery?
Priorities! Priorities!
Technicalities, Totalities.
As your mud spins around
I hope you have found
that you were never deskbound
and your fun is profound!

Thanks for a lovely break! I think you enjoyed it too!