Sunday, November 20, 2011

Occupy Augusta November 19th


I love this photo - that's me holding two signs - both mine and Rick's, Keeley beside me and my oldest son Justin, on the far right.  Rick took the photo from the steps of the state house and you can see the tents of Occupy Augusta behind us.  We participated in a meeting there today that was quite interesting. They talked about legislative actions they would like to see happen; some made sense and others I can't say I'd subscribe to, but they were all treated with respect and allowed discussion.  There was discussion about legalizing the industrial use of hemp, which only makes sense and I've never been able to understand the blind objections to it.  Maybe it's not really as useful as folks in these settings expound. I'll need to do some internet research.  

No comments: