Thursday, December 17, 2015

So much to catch up on

I've been very lax in my journaling in the last 2 years.  I retired on December 3, 2015!!!  Wow!!!  It's a lovely sense of freedom and I'm so loving it.  It's only week two with a long winter ahead but I think I'm going to be grateful every day that I don't have to get up and head off to meet deadlines, schedules, obligations.  Maybe I'll throw some pots, maybe I'll sit by the fire and read, or maybe I'll discover a new recipe and try it out for dinner tonight.  There are so many possibilities and I'm free to choose my daily path.

My first week of retirement was consumed with planning and helping to  execute a surprise visit from Rick's son, daughter-in-law, and grandson from California.  He was quite surprised when they were here when he arrived home from work Wednesday night.



Hugh and Grampa playing with beer coasters



Hugh is a delight and a handful and I have to give his Grandma Josie big kudos for taking care of him while parents work.  Wow!

More to follow.

Adri reading to Hugh from a book I bought for his visit. He made her read it through three times in one sitting!  We got him a couple other books by the same Maine author and illustrator for Christmas.  

Jason and Rick playing banjos.  


No comments: