Saturday, January 30, 2010

Today's creation

I threw this piece on Thursday when Malley was demonstrating "a sauce boat" as she called it.  Sort of like a gravy boat but slightly larger perhaps.  I already had a gravy boat but I liked the concept of an oval bowl and later decided to add a cover which I handbuilt from a slab.  It seemed a little small so I decided to add a coil around the edge for extra width and stability.  Then I added a coil to the bottom to make it match better and added some leaf cut outs on the sides and top.  I made a loop handle that I think came out real nice.  Overall I'm really pleased with the piece.  

3 comments:

Bebedores do Gondufo said...

Good blog.

Karen Bessey Pease said...

The 'sauce boat' is beautiful! I admire your talent, and wish I had such skill and patience!

:o)

Karen

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

Hope if fires into as great a piece as it looks here! Nice!

OXOXOXOXO